We have created a step-by-step guide to help you stake your Polkadot (DOT) tokens using Ledger Live.
Before you start, make sure that you:
Have updated Ledger live to its latest version.
Download the latest version of the Polkadot App
Add a Polkadot account. Learn more
Add DOT to your account
Once you have DOT in your Ledger account, and the Ledger live and DOT App are up to date, you are ready to start staking.
1. Go to your accounts and select the one you wish to stake from.
2. At the bottom of the page you will see a section named "nominations". Here click on the button "Earn rewards".
The first thing you have to do is to bond your Polkadot (DOT).
1. Enter the amount you wish to bond (note that the minimum stake to earn rewards is 80 DOT)
2. It will then ask you to open the Polkadot application and confirm the operation on your Ledger device.
3. If successful, you will receive the following confirmation.
Now you are ready to nominate validators!
1. To find the list of P2P node addresses, type P2P in the text input field. You can select up to 16 addresses to nominate.
2. Next, you will be asked to confirm all the addresses on your ledger.
3. You will have successfully created a request to nominate your DOT once you receive the following confirmation! Select view details to review the transaction details.
4. Keep an eye out for the status, once confirmed your DOTs will begin staking and your nominators, if elected in the active set, will begin generating rewards!
For more information on staking Polkadot (DOT) with P2P Validator and our special offer for large DOT delegations, visit https://p2p.org/polkadot.
For additional staking support, visit the P2P Polkadot support center.
You may also be interested to read:
You can also get in contact with our community on telegram or with a live agent by selecting the speech bubble on the bottom right of this page.