We have created a step-by-step guide to help you stake your Cardano (ADA) using Daedalus wallet connected to your ledger.
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to start staking Cardano (ADA) using Daedalus paired with your Ledger device. We will first explain how you will link your hardware wallet device to Daedalus, and then show you how to stake your ADA with P2P Validator to earn staking rewards.
Linking your Daedalus to Ledger
1. The first thing to do is to download the Daedalus wallet. If it's the first time you download it can take a few hours to sync the entire blockchain.
2. Once you have downloaded the Daedalus wallet, you must select "+ Add wallet", and then "Pair" as shown in the image below:
3. To connect your ledger device, you must first have downloaded the Cardano App on your ledger. Open the Cardano App and enter the PIN on your ledger to unlock access. You will then be asked to export your public key.
4. The last thing will be for your new wallet to sync with the blockchain.
Once synced, you now have successfully linked your Daedalus wallet with your Ledger device!
Staking my ADA to P2P Validator with my Ledger
Before starting you will want to own some ADA - you can purchase it on multiple cryptocurrency exchanges.
1. To receive ADA in your Daedalus wallet, you must select your wallet and click on "receive". You will then find a list of addresses you can use to make the transfer.
2. Once you own ADA in your wallet, go to the delegation center. Select the wallet you wish to delegate from and click on "delegate"
3. You will be asked to select the validator pools you wish to delegate to. To find the P2P staking pools simply input "P2P" in the text box.
4. To confirm the transaction, you will first have to connect your ledger and enter the PIN to allow access. You will then be asked to export your public key and confirm the delegation and transaction on your ledger.
Once it's all done you will be notified that your transaction is confirmed.
You have now successfully delegated your ADA with P2P Validator using Daedalus and Ledger wallet!
Note that your ADA tokens are still fully in your custody, but you are delegating them to P2P using your own wallet.
For more information on staking Cardano (ADA) with P2P Validator, visit p2p.org/cardano.
For additional staking support, visit the P2P Cardano support center.
You may also be interested to read:
You can also get in contact with our community on telegram or with a live agent by selecting the speech bubble on the bottom right of this page.